Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Infinity Staffing Group
£20k – £35kpa
Infinity Staffing group are proud to be recruiting for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of our client with over 35 years’ experience in the design sector, our clients Engineers design within the Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration, Sprinkler Systems and Insulated Structure Installations, along with all specialist service elements that are required.
They have extended their experience over recent years to include specialising in automated warehousing, projects for the e-commerce market covering general merchandise, clothing and food distribution markets.
Due to growth within the business they are now looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
You will be qualified to degree level and can demonstrate a good understanding of the mechanical design process associated with Building Engineering Services.
- Previous experience of Building Services project design in Mechanical engineering
- Provide evidence of their experience and understanding of design in buildings
- Demonstrate understanding of the process and need for co-ordination with other design disciplines
- Have an understanding and preferably experience of sustainable design and low energy buildings
- Show a good understanding of QA systems
- Possess a good understanding of the commercial factors which affect design solutions
Professional and technical expertise Requirements:
- Competent in specification writing, design/drawing for all building types
- Knowledge of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Must possess good knowledge and a competent ability in the use of their preferred internationally recognised Design Software
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Be conversant with up to date IT, technical methodology and information sources
- Possess an understanding of the relevant and current British and industry Standards
- Possess the ability to work to tight deadlines
In addition, you will continue working towards gaining Chartered Engineer status.