Infinity Staffing Group Ltd are proudly recruiting for a Sustainability Engineer to complement our client’s team of bright & experienced engineers and sustainability professionals at the head office based in Milton Keynes.
Our client is a multi-disciplinary building services consultancy focused mainly within the UK industrial sector but broadening into residential, commercial and leisure. Our clients consultants continue to be involved with some of the largest & most successful industrial buildings in the UK including several of which have achieved Excellent and Outstanding BREEAM ratings. We are a growing company with a strong portfolio and intend to develop the sustainability aspects of the department over the coming years.
The new role would best suit an intermediate engineer with at least 2 years’ experience as it is intended that the successful applicant will be able to pick up and develop several projects with a limited amount of assistance.
More about the role:
As a Sustainability Engineer your responsibilities will typically be expected to comprise:
· Part L compliance analysis modelling using EDSL Tas DSM software (commercial & domestic)
· Renewable energy technology feasibility studies
· Producing planning reports and presentations with excellent visual and grammatical quality
· Thermal comfort & overheating modelling (BREEAM, TM52, TM59, Guide A)
· Heating & cooling load calculations
· Complying with MBA internal quality assurance procedures
· Understanding & working to current UK legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice
· Attending & organising meetings with architects, developers and the wider design team
· Communicating progress on projects and any concerns
· Working within the agreed budget on tasks as set by the lead consultant
· Assisting graduates and new starters.
It is expected that you demonstrate:
· Experience in Dynamic Thermal Modelling software (EDSL Tas or IES)
· Working as part of multidisciplinary team.
· Member of relevant professional institute
· Degree in a relevant subject
· Awareness of broad sustainability issues (e.g. passive design, health & wellbeing, post occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
· Ask questions to increase awareness of role
· Willingness to learn about risk management, financial management and commercial awareness
· Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, Fitwel etc, and/or modelling software such as IES, TAS, Revit etc, as well as interest in more strategic sustainability consulting